Sunday, June 21, 2009

The New Topographics Show hits the road

The ground breaking photography show from 1975, The New Topographics is being recreated for an international tour. This show certainly had an effect on the way people looked at photography, including collectors and curators. The show includes work by Robert Adams, Lewis Baltz, Bernd and Hilla Becher, Joe Deal, Frank Gohlke, Nicholas Nixon, John Schott, Stephen Shore, and Henry Wessel Jr.

If you have a chance to see it, I would highly recommend it. I am hoping a new catalog is reproduced so that I can stop wanting an original copy that is now selling for $1000.

(addendum: apparently a book will be re-issued. see it here.)

Read more here.

1 comment:

  1. Rochester is about 350 miles north of here, but I am seriously considering it. I think I would regret missing it.

    ReplyDelete