Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Joshua has left the building.

It has been twenty months since David and I sat down in Satellite Coffee in Albuquerque and hatched the idea of Fraction Magazine. It didn’t take long to get it up and running and we have seen lots of great work in that time. The magazine has changed a few times, grown to be respected within the community, and followed by quite an impressive audience.

It is with great sadness that I must tell you all I will no longer be a part of Fraction Magazine. Over the past twenty months I have put any amount of free time I have had into the magazine, through design, programming, constantly looking at new work, updating the blog, etc. While I have enjoyed my time doing it, one thing has suffered in the wake, the amount of time I have left to work on my own personal art and projects. When it comes down to it my own need to produce and create seriously outweighs the time I have to donate to the magazine.

Fear not, David will continue at the helm on his own. With the help of people like Melanie McWhorter and the larger photo community I am sure his efforts will be grand. Don’t be afraid to offer the man your time and help if you are so obliged. I will continue on making new work and remain part of that photo community at large and hopefully lend David a hand whenever I can. You can follow all of my work and my incessant ramblings and bitching about the world of art at my blog The Word. I’ll always be looking at and talking about new work I have come across and posting new thoughts and ideas.

Thanks to all of you for making Fraction a success and stay tuned to see what David has planned for the future of Fraction. ¡Adios compañeros!

-js

No comments:

Post a Comment