Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Judging Critical Mass

I am busy at work, judging ten images each, from the 175 Critical Mass finalists.

As of this writing I have looked at and judged 60 photographers' work, about 600 photographs. I don't feel it is right to single anyone out at this point, but I will after the winners have been announced.

If the work has made it to the finals, it is pretty damn good. And of course, there is some that I really like, and some that I don't. There is some very original work and some that is very close to being just like someone else's. Already at this point, I can see trends that are going on within the photo world.

I've decided that Fraction Magazine will showcase five of the so-called non-winners in February after the relaunch of the magazine.

So for now, it's back to looking at work. I have a deadline.

No comments:

Post a Comment