Monday, January 11, 2010

The New Fraction Magazine

Over the course of the last month or so, I have been working at redoing the Fraction website and having a new logo created.

On January 1st, I put the new logo out for the world to see. I am so very pleased with it and so far the response to it has been great. (thanks Janice Davidson)

Well, today, 01.11.10, or January 11th, I am introducing the new website to the world.  Not only has it been redesigned but it also has a new domain, www.fractionmagazine.com.  Even though I wanted a fresh (re)start,  I also wanted to keep the integrity of the old website along with the past issues and group shows.  You can still view the previous site by visiting this link.

I redesigned the new site to be simple to navigate and easier to view on all screens, including iPhones and other PDAs. I wanted lots of white space so it was clear as to why you were on the site:  to look at great photography.

Speaking of great photography, we kick off the new site and Issue 10 with the amazing work of Phil Toledano, Jake Mendel, Ellen Rennard, Ian van Coller, and David Maisel.  I am sincerely thankful to all of these artists for being a part of Fraction.

In the very near future, we will have a brand new group show curated by the awesome Melanie McWhorter and some new reviews by Mary Goodwin, the associate director of Light Work.

I would love to hear some feedback about the new site and the new show, so if you feel so inclined, shoot me an email or post a comment here.

Thanks for following Fraction Magazine.

1 comment:

  1. Kudos for the Fraction redesign! Maybe in addition to the artists' name, the photos in the "Table of Contents" for the magazine can link to the artists' Fraction page.

    ReplyDelete