Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Thrills and Chills by Isa Leshko



















It's no secret that I am a big fan of Isa Leshko and her photo project, Thrills and Chills.  I've included the work as part of Issue 12, and I was one of the juror's who thought she should be part of this years Review Santa Fe.

So when she told me she was producing a little catalog of the work, I knew she would put a lot of love, sweat, and as it turns out, tears, into it and now that I have it, I can honestly say that she did.  It is lovely.

The catalog is only $19 (plus shipping) and contains 19 photographs.  It looks great in the 6"x6" size and contains two recent interviews that help give a sense of who Isa is and why she uses a Holga plastic camera.

This is not a Magcloud or a softcover book made by Blurb. This catalog was made at an offset press.  It is well printed and designed and comes signed and numbered, and is limited to 250 copies.  I am not sure how many are left but Thrills and Chills has been written up in the Boston Globe's website, was featured on NPR's Picture Show, and has been mentioned a multitude of times on Twitter and Facebook by the many people who bought it already.

With that being said, it's probably a good idea to buy a copy of the catalog before it sells out.  I'm sure it will.

The above image is Copyright Isa Leshko

1 comment:

  1. Thanks so much, David! You are the patron saint for fine art photographers.

    ReplyDelete