Friday, October 1, 2010

With Sincere Gratitude

Last weekend, I had the honor of receiving the Rising Star Award from the Griffin Museum of Photography in Winchester MA.  The award was presented to me by my good friend and mentor, Mary Virginia Swanson.  Everything, from the time I was told about this, was perfect, from the airline arrangements to the amazing hotel, to the fabulous ceremony and party.  The Griffin is a first rate, first class institution.

With that being said, I would like to thank a few people:

Paula Tognarelli, thank you for your kindness and generosity for understanding my vision and place in the world.

Swannie, thank you for being the person who presented the award, thank you for all of the kind words and mostly, thank you for the challenge you presented to me.

Lou Jones, thank you for being the perfect MC, the new friendship and for a great night out in Boston.

Banafsheh Ehtemam, thanks for being my guide and taxi around Boston and thanks for spending time with me.

And thanks to the Griffin Museum's Board of Directors and to those who voted for Fraction.

I am sincerely grateful to all of you.

Thank you!

4 comments:

  1. David is a great guy with a vision. A quite unique individual; discerning yet fun!! Congratulations for a well deserved award!! Max de Esteban

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats- and continued success...

    ReplyDelete